
In August, 2009 I received a very upsetting email from someone that wanted to know if their dog "was worth rescuing or if she should just be "put down". The email went on to describe how Lolli had been attacked by coyotes twice and then at 7yrs old was banished from the family home, when she displayed some aggression towards a small child that accidentally leaned on her wounds, to live in a pen outside for the next couple of years and then sent to live with another family member. While living with the family member she wandered out an open gate only to get into an altercation with a stray dog which to the family was the last straw. At 9 years old Lolli had to go!
I forwarded the email to Karen who without a second thought went and picked her up. Karen fostered Lolli for several months each day loving her a little more. But as much as Karen loved Lolli she knew that there was someone that needed Lolli as much as she needed them! Lolli's new family tells the rest of the story.
I first met Lolli on Christmas day at her foster mom’s home. Karen was Lolli’s mom and had been for several months. Karen opened her home to me on this special day with open arms and smiles. She was incredible with Lolli and her long time JRT pup Eddie. I know it was not easy to let Lolli go for Karen as she was already in love with her, but she did with large tears in her eyes and everything I needed to start our new adventure together.
Lolli was my first dog in twenty years and let’s just say I was past ready. She was everything I hoped for and more. Loyal, courageous, funny, and very loving! We had great fun and she brought joy to me each and every day. We became quick best buddies and were inseparable.
Our journey has been beautiful, but by no means easy. Lolli was injured on the bottom of her left paw about a month after I got her. What seemed to be a minor problem, turned into a disaster for our family. Lolli lost her front leg to constant complications and a wound that just would not heal. It was devastating for us that our pup had to suffer. Karen, her foster mom, stood by us through the whole ordeal. She met me at the vets, and we greeted Lolli to come home after her surgery. She contributed to the cost out of her own money. She loves Lolli pup and is a life saver to support me in times of sorrow and happiness. Lolli was an incredibly courageous dog to pull through such a set back. And she did!!
Lolli has helped me make a home at our new house. She spends every day with me gardening, watching birds, and enjoying life! I have shared our good times with Karen and she just loves to hear and see what a good match she made that wonderful Christmas day over a year ago now. Lolli was the best Christmas present I have ever received. Thank you very much for all that you do!!
Linda Reed and Lolli PupLove each other forever


oh my goodness! Lolli's story ... that dog has been through it all. Tears in my eyes. I wish her peace and oodles of love for the rest of her life!
ReplyDeleteHugs to both of you from your friend, Renee.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sad but uplifting story...Lolli and Linda are so lucky to have one another!
ReplyDelete